Open for Enrollment!
Veterinary Cannabis Guide
The Veterinary Cannabis Guide (VCG) certification course provides participants with non-medical information about the cannabis plant, the rapidly evolving cannabis industry, and the use of cannabis in veterinary species.
Veterinary Cannabis Guides (VCGs) understand the basics of the endocannabinoid system (ECS) in mammals as well as the dynamics of the developing cannabis industry.
What is the role of a VCGuide?
- Provide current and scientifically accurate cannabis education to colleagues
- Provide harm reduction education on veterinary cannabis products to animal caregivers and cannabis industry professionals
- Support open communication between an animal's caregiver and their veterinary care team
- Support the veterinary care team's established treatment plan, strengthen the veterinarian-client-patient relationship (VCPR)
- Assist the animal caregiver in locating a product that meets the molecular profile suggested by the animal's care team
- Refer medical cases to a higher level of care with a medical team, as appropriate
**Important: the VCGuide program does not cover dosing information.
Is this certification right for you?
The following are essential characteristics of a Veterinary Cannabis Guide:
Is this you...?
Start your application today!