Open for Enrollment!
Veterinary Cannabis Counselor
The Veterinary Cannabis Counselor (VCC) certification course provides participants with medically-based information about the endocannabinoid system in mammals and the safe and scientific use of cannabis in veterinary patients.
This course is designed for medical support staff - credentialed and non-credentialed technicians - who are interested in understanding clinical applications, potential for pharmaceutical interactions, necessary diagnostic monitoring, and principles of harm reduction education when cannabis is utilized in veterinary patients.
What is the role of a VCCounselor?
- Provide current and scientifically accurate cannabis education to colleagues
- Provide harm reduction education on veterinary cannabis products to animal caregivers and cannabis industry professionals
- Support open communication between an animal's caregiver and their veterinary care team
- Support the veterinary care team's established treatment plan and strengthen the veterinarian-client-patient relationship (VCPR
- Design a cannabis administration plan based on the molecular profile that best supports the veterinarian’s treatment plan and the animal caregiver’s goals
- Work with veterinary specialists to incorporate cannabis products into medically complex cases
- Provide mentorship to VCGuides for cases that need to be referred to a higher level of care with a medical team
Is this certification right for you?
Curious about the VCCounselor class?
Hear from our VCC students themselves in this Roundtable Discussion!
The following are essential characteristics of a Veterinary Cannabis Counselor:
Is this you....?
Start your application today!